So, I just had a really irritating afternoon where all my plans fell through – and my friends were already out and about doing their own fun plans. This meant that instead of being sat in a pub beer garden getting tipsy I was left high and dry, face full of make up with nowhere to go – and the highlight of the day looked like it was going to be picking up my dry cleaning. hurumph..
Way to lose that zen feeling you’ve been cultivating recently. I wasn’t feeling like using meditation to get rid of my irritation (i love a good rhyme) so to fix my wounded pride I decided to do some baking (after FINALLY getting round to replacing the battery in my electronic scales) and what better item to fill the soul than blueberry muffins.
These were super easy to make by Donna Hay – it literally took all of 10 mins to mix and 35 to bake. In just under an hour I was feeling ready to reapply my lipstick and find a new plan for the night.
Super Easy Blueberry Muffins.
- 375 g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200 g caster sugar (I didn’t have any so I used rapeseed oil which worked fine)
- 125 ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 125 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300 g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- (I also added a touch of nutmeg)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Place the oil, egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk to combine. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the blueberries and mix to combine.
3. Spoon mixture into a 12-hole 125ml capacity muffin tin lined with paper patty cases. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for 30–35 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.